Here's a look at the common problems associated with the Interactive Program Guide.
No Info or No Data
No Info or No Data on the interactive program guide means there has been a problem with the download of information to your receiver. Try the following steps to solve the problem.
- If you own an Advanced HDPVR (630), Advanced HD Receiver, HDPVR 530, HDDSR 505, DSR 319 or DSR 209, you can try a front panel reset. Hold in the front panel power button on your receiver for 10 full seconds and then release. If you have an Essential HD (600) receiver, remove the power cable from the back of the receiver and then reconnect it. Your receiver will reboot. After approximately 3 minutes your guide data will reload back in the Interactive program guide.
- Change the channel. If you can't see the Interactive Program Guide on one channel, it may just be a glitch with the receiver not liking that channel. Try changing to a new channel and then hitting the Guide button on the remote. Is the information there?
- Wait. It could be that the guide is in the process of being downloaded. It takes up to 45 minutes for all of the information to be downloaded to your receiver.
- Still no info? Turn the receiver off. Unplug the receiver's power cord from the wall, wait 30 seconds and plug the receiver back in. Again, you're going to have to wait up to 45 minutes until you'll start seeing data. You should see at least the framework of the guide, with channels and times. Be patient.
- If you've waited and there is still no information at all, just screen-wide bars with NO INFO or NO DATA, there may be a technical issue with the receiver. Call a customer service representative at 1.888.554.7827.
Be prepared to tell the Shaw Direct technical representative:
- What components you have.
- All of the steps you've been through to try and solve the problem yourself.
Program is not on
This isn't a technical problem. While we try to keep it as up to date as possible, there can be changes to programming that won't appear in the guide. Networks make last-minute changes. They also make programming changes without notifying our listing service.
Channels do not appear on your favourites list
Chances are, they have been locked using the Parental Controls. When you lock a channel, it will not show up on the Guide, not even in your favourites. If you want it to appear, you'll have to go to that channel and use your password to view it.
From that point, that channel will appear in the Guide. You will also be able to see the channel with the channel up and down keys.
Turn your receiver off to re-set the lock.