You can't change channels, bring up the option menu or turn off your receiver. Your screen is filled with numbers and timers. If you are using High Performance video cables such as an HMDI to DVI cable, your screen may appear blank, but the front panel display appears to display a countdown timer.
Possible Causes and Solutions
- You are receiving a software update. This download will add new features or fixes to your current on-screen guide.
- This process occurs during the late night hours so that it won't interrupt your regular viewing. If you happen to turn on your receiver during the code download you should see the screen below on your TV. The image below has been labeled for easy reference. The entire process should take between 15 to 90 minutes (you can check this time as illustrated in item 2 below). If the download screen appears on your screen for longer than 90 minutes, feel free to give us a call at 1.888.554.7827 to ensure that your unit is receiving the download properly.
- You can learn more about the latest software download at
- Sometimes the download screen will face an error during the download. You'll notice this if the download screen remains after a few hours. To access regular viewing, simply hold in the power button on the front of your receiver for 15 seconds and release. This will reset your receiver. Alternatively you can unplug the unit from power. Your receiver will simply attempt the download again the following evening.
- If your receiver is stuck in a loop while downloading the new software, please follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Unplug the Power cord to your receiver.
- Unplug the Satellite feed cable.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug the Power cord back in (Do not plug the Satellite feed back yet!)
- Wait approximately a minimum of 2-4 minutes or until the receiver reboots or until you see a blank screen.
- When the TV screen no longer shows the download screen, plug the Satellite coax back in.
Having trouble with the software download screen? Please give us a call at 1.888.554.7827 and one of our skilled Technical Service Representatives will be happy to assist you in doing additional troubleshooting.