A Snowy Screen
You have no video and your television screen is filled with on-screen static (snow).
- Your television output mode is incorrect or the TV is set to the incorrect channel.
- Your Shaw Direct Receiver is turned off.
- The cable between your television and your receiver is disconnected.
- Your VCR is on or set to the incorrect display setting.
- Check your Shaw Direct receiver and ensure that the unit is turned on. You will see a green light on the front of the receiver when it is powered up.
- Using your television remote control or television front panel, tune to the channel you use to watch your Shaw Direct receiver, usually 3 or 4. If your Shaw Direct receiver is connected by cables other than a coaxial cable, you may need to use the source/video/input/mode/line button on your television remote/front panel. If your Shaw Direct receiver is turned on, you can press this button until you see video on the screen.
- Turn off any VCR, DVD player or other device connected to your television.
- Check behind your Shaw Direct receiver to see if there are any loose cables or connections.
Still not working? Give us a call at 1.888.554.7827 and one of our skilled Technical Service Representatives will be happy to assist you.